You should look here to see if your question is among the most frequently asked before you contact us to ask your question.
Where can I find the Forum Rules?
- Where can I find the Forum Rules?
- I've just paid, why can I still not access membership features?
- I've just signed up and paid, why am I being told that my account does not exist?
- How do I edit my profile?
- How do I cancel my PayPal subscription?
- How do I become a member?
- How do I delete my username and profile?
- Do I have to pay to upload images?
- Is it possible to change my username?
I've just paid, why can I still not access membership features?
Most payments are processed immediately, however in some cases it can take up to a few hours, and in extreme cases a few days. This is for your protection, and is due to PayPal's stringent fraud protection checks. If your account has not been activated within 2-3 days, please contact the support crew, rembembering to provide your username and attach any payment receipts.
I've just signed up and paid, why am I being told that my account does not exist?
There could be many reasons for this:
If you've encountered any of the problems above, please contact us via First Class or Premium support.
- You paid with 2CheckOut.com and forgot to click the last link "Go back to Airliners.net and activate you account"
- You started signing up but paid more than two weeks later. Unpaid new accounts are automatically deleted after two weeks. This can also happen with checks in some cases.
- A technical error disrupted transmission of your payment.
How do I edit my profile?
Click on your username in the top right hand corner of the screen to view your User Control Panel and then click on the link labelled Update Your Profile Info. You can also change your email address or change your password.
How do I cancel my PayPal subscription?
Canceling a subscription cancels all future scheduled payments of that subscription. A subscription can be canceled up to the day of the next scheduled payment.
Log in to your PayPal account.
Click the My Account tab.
Click the History subtab.
Click More filters, select Subscriptions and agreements, and then click Subscriptions.
Change the date back to the year the subscription was created, and then click Show.
Click Details next to the subscription.
Click Cancel Subscription.
Please note that deleting your user profile on Airliners.net does not also cancel PayPal subscription.
How do I become a member?
You should register as a First Class
or Premium member. However, please bear in mind that these accounts require membership fees. You can sign up for a free account, with the ability to upload photos, here.
How do I delete my username and profile?
For the moment, there is no way to delete your membership through your profile. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org from the email address your account is registered with in order to deactivate your account. Mind that while the profile is removed, your forum posts remains.
Do I have to pay to upload images?
No, we offer a free and limited account just for photographers who are only interested in uploading and managing their pictures and who also aren't yet interested in forum access or any of the other special features available in a paid membership. You can use it to upload pictures, edit photo settings and manage photo sales, and to post in the Photography Forum and the Photography Feedback Forum only. You can sign up for it here.
Is it possible to change my username?
At the moment it is not possible to change your username, however this is something we are possibly investigating changing.